Saturday, October 6, 2007

Walter L. Moore, RIP

It was with a mixture of sadness and disbelief I this Thursday received the message that my e-mail friend and fellow monarchist Walter L. Moore of Maryland had fatally suffered a heart attack on Wednesday, October 3, 2007.

It was on the turn of the month of May and June of 2004 I ended up on Mr. Moore's monarchist e-mail list. It was quite early on I created a separate folder for e-mail from Mr. Moore. My archives consist of more than 9 thousand e-mails from Mr. Moore, the last of which I received only this Tuesday – containing an article on King of Spain Juan Carlos I's defense of the role of monarchy.

I never had the pleasure to meet Walter Moore, or even talk to him, but his e-mails were greatly appreciated, and they will indeed be missed. These e-mails were of great service to me when preparing and writing articles, for this weblog, and in general for my being informed on monarchical, royal, and other topics. I know that other monarchists have had similar, most helpful service. I wish the circumstances were so that this service could continue. For this invaluable service to me and the monarchist cause in general, I thank you.

Walter Moore was kind, grateful, and polite. He saw greatness in others. He often referred to himself as a “monarchist in the Great Republic.” It was indeed a great pleasure to correspond with him. It is hard to believe that silence from now on is in the place of this correspondence.

I am certain that Walter Moore's family was very lucky to have him as a family member. Close friends, I am certain too, were lucky to have him as a close friend. My most sympathetic thoughts first of all go to the family of Walter Moore, and then to others close to him. My condolences are offered for this untimely passing at the age of only 57.

Mr. Walter Moore was born on July 16, 1950. Mr. Moore, a Roman Catholic, was unmarried, and he had only this last mid-September experienced the passing of his mother.

Thank you so very much, and may you rest in peace.

Elsewhere: Mr. Theodore Harvey

1 comment:

Mercurius Aulicus said...

That is tragic loss. I don't know what the Monarchist Alliance message group will be like without the frequent updates regarding world Monarchist matters that Mr Moore would post.