Monday, January 9, 2012

Against the Election Madness

Said Mr. Andy Nowicki a few years ago:

But on a less theoretical level, I loathe democracy because I hate elections. Election time always puts me in a sour mood, but not so much because of the crassness and phoniness of the various candidates vying for positions of power, since that is only to be expected. And not so much, either, because the state holds elections, although I do oppose them on a fundamental, philosophical level. No, what truly gets under my skin are the relentless commands to hold the "democratic process" in such high esteem.

Put simply, I'm tired of being lectured by pompous celebrities about the importance of voting.
And:
I don't want to live in a country where politics invades and permeates every facet of our lives.


H/T: Kalim Kassam

No comments: