Sunday, March 13, 2011

Response to an Article

I don't very often receive uncivil or rude e-mail, but every once in a while I do.

Back in January, I received an e-mail from someone who had apparently read my latest LRC article. The e-mail was from a P S Burress, titled The Knight Article, and he wrote:

So you never "met the knight?"

How silly... poor you!

All we need...is a world filled with people who wish to
"kiss-up" to the oligarchs! Hows sad.

Proctor S. Burress
Funny how he should single out that from the entire article. Oligarchy does mean rule by the few, and the great Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn did believe in rule by the few, and he probably would have been close to the rulers, had Habsburg rule survived. Also, he was an advisor to the Archduke Otto. However, how someone could lump the great thinker in with those who go normally by the term oligarchs in our world, is beyond me.

And yes, I do reserve the right to publish uncivil or rude comments sent to me by e-mail.

No comments: