Friday, March 30, 2007

Late to the Blogosphere?

I finally have a blog.

Some would perhaps sarcastically welcome me to the 21st century. Beware though.

I got my first e-mail account at the beginning of 1992. I was certainly not first, but assuredly before most people who now take it for granted had heard of e-mail. I tried contacting a major Norwegian newspaper regarding sending letters to the editor via e-mail at a time when the answer to such a question was that that would never happen.

Some would perhaps say the next step is to connect at MSN. Forget about it! I absolutely do not wish to pop up at the bottom right corner of people's screens or wherever the Windows toolbar's location may cause me to pop up. This issue is not open to discussions.

Skype chat and UNIX talk, which I used a bit in the first half of the 1990s, are tools that I am willing to use.

No comments: